Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Review: Bioderma Cicabio Soothing Repairing Ointment

Hello lovelies,

This is my first product that I've tried from Bioderma. When you hear Bioderma, you automatically think of the micellar water and as much as it has been raved about, it's not something that appeals to me. This was an unintended purchase but after my sunburn incident, I was left with a bright red ear which was painful, so I popped into the French Pharmacy and the pharmacist recommended this, so I decided to dip my toe into the Bioderma pool.


Cicabio is designed to be used for skin irritations. It provides epidermal reconstruction and antibacterial properties, and is designed to treat severe skin damage. It is particularly recommended following chemical peels (please get medical advice before using this after a chemical peel!) and for outbreaks of extreme dryness. I did a bit of research on this product after buying it as I like to know what I'm putting on my skin, and I discovered it contains a significant quantity of hyaluronic acid, which is great for re hydrating the skin. Exactly what I needed for my poor red elf ear. 

The directions for use are to apply quite heavily to the damaged area after cleansing and drying, then use twice a day until the skin is completely repaired. I layered it on to my ear and also onto my forehead where I had caught the sun. Surprisingly next morning, my skin actually felt quite smooth and the redness had gone down considerably. I've continued to use it over the past week, I thought it might clog my pores or cause me to break out on my forehead as it has quite a thick consistency but it hasn't.


If you're coping with irritated skin, I would definitely recommend giving this a try. I've even popped it on a couple of mosquito bites and it's just helped to sooth the skin. It's definitely a skincare staple, it's not something I would use everyday but a product that I'll turn too when in times of need.

Bioderma Cicabio 40ml can be picked up on Amazon for £9.99 those in the UK.

Have you tried any other lotions that do the same job as this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...